World AIDS Day – Zvita 1, 2017 : rondedzero, dingindira, masirogani, Quotes, Messages, Sei Kupemberera, nhaurwa
zvinoyamura World zuva rinopembererwa gore rimwe nerimwe munyika yose musi 1there December kumutsa veruzhinji ruzivo pamusoro AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome). AIDS iri dambudziko chirwere kunokonzerwa nokuda hweHIV Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Zuva Kunoitwa masangano ehurumende, NGOs, veruzhinji nevamwe vakuru vakuru utano nekuronga zvaitaurwa kana forum hurukuro chokuita AIDS.
The President wenyika United States akataura yepamutemo chiziviso kuti World AIDS Day mugore 1995 iyo akatanga kutevera ne dzimwe nyika dzose pasi rose. Maererano ine sezvaunotara iwe, kumativi 25 mamiriyoni vanhu vakafa 1981 kuti 2007 nokuda HIV utachiwana. Kunyange pashure kuwana kwakaita yemaARV kurapwa panzvimbo dzakawanda, kumativi 2 miriyoni vanhu (dai wango 270,000 zvachose vaiva vana) mu 2007 vakanga nechirwere ichi nechirwere.
World AIDS Day nemhemberero rava kupfuura zvinozivikanwa utano mazuva mhemberero pose. World AIDS Day nemhemberero inopa anokosha mukana masangano utano kuti kuwedzera ruzivo pakati vanhu, zvikuru zvinoita kuwana kurapa uyewo kukurukura matanho.
WORLD AIDS DAY 2017
World Aids Day 2017 kuti iitwe pa Friday, pamusoro 1there December.
WORLD AIDS DAY NHOROONDO
World AIDS Day yakatanga mufanidziro neDare Thomas Netter uye James W. Mushamba mumwedzi August ari 1987. Thomas Netter uye James W. Mushamba vose ndivo voruzhinji mashoko vakuru nokuda AIDS Global Program panguva WHO (World Health Organization) kuGeneva, Siwizarendi. Vakanga akagoverana pfungwa dzavo pamusoro AIDS zuva Dr. Jonathan Mann (Director of AIDS Global Program), akanga achibvumirana nepfungwa uye yakarumbidza kuchengetwa World AIDS Day musi 1there December mugore 1988.
World AIDS Day kupemberera kwakasarudzwa navo iitwe ose gore iri 1there December zvakarurama. Vaifunga kuti zvinofanira akasarudza kure sarudzo nguva, Christmas mazororo kana zvimwe mazororo. Zvinofanira kupembererwa munguva apo vanhu uye nhau aigona kubhadhara zvimwe kufarira uye kutarisirwa munyika nhepfenyuro munhau yose mhiri nyika.
The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV / AIDS, anonziwo UNAIDS, akapinda kushanda mugore 1996 ndokutanga kutsigira pose. Pane richichengetwa kuti zuva rimwe chete, World AIDS Campaign kwakatangwa neDare UNAIDS mugore 1997 kutarisa mapurogiramu AIDS, nani kukurukurirana, Kudzivirira chirwere uye ruzivo chirwere kudzidza kuti gore rose.
Mumakore kutanga makore, World AIDS Day madingindira vakanga dzirambe chete vana uyewo vechidiki, izvo vakazopiwa kuzivikanwa semhuri chirwere sezvo munhu upi zera boka inogona neHIV. kubva 2007, World Aids Day chakatangwa chinofananidzira nomukuru iconic kuratidzwa AIDS Ribbon pedyo White House.
MUSORO WORLD AIDS DAY
UNAIDS akatanga kuronga World AIDS Day Mushandirapamwe iitwe pamwe chaizvo dzinotyisa pagore nokuda nani yose ruzivo pamusoro chirwere. Anotevera mazita ose gore vakachenjera yemisoro World Aids Day:
- Musoro gore 1988 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, "Kukurukurirana".
- Musoro gore 1989 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, "Youth".
- Musoro gore 1990 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, "Vakadzi AIDS".
- Musoro gore 1991 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Sharing the Challenge”.
- Musoro gore 1992 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Community Commitment”.
- Musoro gore 1993 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Act”.
- Musoro gore 1994 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “AIDS and the Family”.
- Musoro gore 1995 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Shared Rights, Shared Responsibilities”.
- Musoro gore 1996 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “One World and One Hope”.
- Musoro gore 1997 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Children Living in a World with AIDS”.
- Musoro gore 1998 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Force for Change: World AIDS Campaign with Young People”.
- Musoro gore 1999 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Listen, Learn, Live: World AIDS Campaign with Children and Young People”.
- Musoro gore 2000 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “AIDS: Men Make a Difference”.
- Musoro gore 2001 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “I care. Do you”?
- Musoro gore 2002 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Stigma and Discrimination”.
- Musoro gore 2003 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Stigma and Discrimination”.
- Musoro gore 2004 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Women, Girls, HIV and AIDS”.
- Musoro gore 2005 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise”.
- Musoro gore 2006 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise-Accountability”.
- Musoro gore 2007 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise- Leadership”.
- Musoro gore 2008 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise-Lead-Empower-Deliver”.
- Musoro gore 2009 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Universal Access and Human Rights”.
- Musoro gore 2010 nokuti World Aids Day Campaign yakanga, “Universal Access and Human Rights”.
- The theme from the year 2011 kuti 2015 for World Aids Day campaign was, “Getting to zero: zero new HIV infections. Zero discrimination. Zero AIDS related deaths”
WORLD AIDS DAY ACTIVITIES
Variety of activities can be done on the day of World Aids day celebration to increase the awareness and distribute the message of the theme of particular year. It is very necessary to increase the awareness among people as they are the main target of the program. Some of the activities are written below:
- Community based individuals and organizations should be contacted to plan the World AIDS Day activities, to organize a planned meeting. It can be well started from the local clinics, hospitals, social service agencies, schools, AIDS advocacy groups and etc.
- A single event or sequence of independent events can be determined for better awareness by the speakers and exhibitors through the forums, rallies, health fairs, community events, faith services, parades, block parties and etc.
- A public statement can be submitted to the agency board identifying the recognition for the World AIDS Day.
- Red ribbons should be wore or distributed to others to mark the hope to the schools, work sites or community groups. Electronic ribbons can also be distributed to the social media outlets.
- All the activities (like DVD showings and Aids prevention seminars) of businesses, schools, health care organizations, clergy and local agencies should be encouraged for their great work.
- A candlelight vigil can be held at the public park or the nearest agency where singers, musicians, dancers, poets, story tellers and etc could distribute the message of Aids prevention through entertaining performances.
- World AIDS Day information can be distributed by linking it to the web site of your agency.
- All the planned events and activities should be already distributed through the e-mail, newsletters, mailings or electronic bulletins.
- People can be aware by displaying the exhibitions, posters, videos, flyers, brochures for HIV/AIDS and etc.
- World AIDS Day activities can be informed to a large group of people instantly through the blogs, Facebook, Twitter or through the other social media websites.
- Actively contribute to the other groups of celebrating the World AIDS Day.
- A candlelight celebration can be held in the memory of died person due to HIV/AIDS.
- Religious leaders are encouraged to speak something for AIDS intolerance and dishonor.
- A service can be started to provide the meals, shelter, transportation, companionship for the people with HIV/AIDS. They can also be invited in the social work, worship or other functions to increase their morality.
OBJECTIVES OF WORLD AIDS DAY 2017
The purpose of the World Aids Day celebration every year to well support the Member States in order to build up the new and effective policies and programmes, to strengthen the health systems as well as to increase the capacity of health sectors towards HIV/AIDS. Some of the main objectives of the World Aids Day are listed below:
- To guide the member states for globally increasing the prevention and control measures for HIV/AIDS.
- To offer the member states a technical support for implementing the plan for prevention, care as well as treatment for HIV/AIDS including the testing, counseling of mother for transmitting the infection to the child, STI control and antiretroviral therapy.
- To aware people about the antiretroviral medicines or other commodities which can help them to fight against HIV/AIDS.
- To involve the peer groups in the campaign for getting the most effective result.
- To encourage more students from the schools, universities and social structures to contribute in the competitions organized for the AIDS.
- To decrease and control the number of patients infected by HIV/AIDS as well as to encourage the peer groups for condom.
WORLD AIDS DAY SLOGANS, QUOTES AND MESSAGES (World AIDS DAY 2017)
- “HIV/AIDS has no boundaries”.
- “My play Safe Sex was picked apart because critics thought it was untrue. It was a play in which no one had AIDS, but the characters talked about how it was going to change their lives”.
- “Small aids to individuals, large aid to masses”.
- “AIDS is an absolutely tragic disease. The argument about AIDS’ being some kind of divine retribution is crap”.
- “Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS”.
- “I know one man who was impotent who gave AIDS to his wife and the only thing they did was kiss”.
- “If you judge people you have no time to love them”.
- “Let us give publicity to H.I.V./AIDS and not hide it, because the only way to make it appear like a normal illness like TB, like cancer, is always to come out and say somebody has died because of H.I.V./AIDS, and people will stop regarding it as something extraordinary”.
- “The AIDS is a disease that is hard to talk about”.
- “I burned out on AIDS and did no AIDS work for a couple of years. I was so angry that people were still getting this disease that nobody can give you – you have to go out and get it”!
- “My son has died of AIDS”.
- “Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me”.
- “You can’t get AIDS from a hug or a handshake or a meal with a friend”.
- “This AIDS stuff is pretty scary. I hope I don’t get it”.
AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) caused by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) which attack the immune system of the human body. The disease was first recognized in the year 1981. It was first identified by the name of AIDS on 27th of July in the year 1982.
HIV infection can be easily transmitted from one person to the other if they have contacted ever directly through the mucous membrane, bodily fluid or blood. In the earlier period, there was a lot of social stigma for the people with HIV/AIDS. According to the estimate, it has been noted that around 33 million people have been infected with the HIV and 2 million people died because of it each year.
HIV is a virus which attacks the T-cells of the immune system and causes the disease known as AIDS. It is found in the human body fluids like blood, semen, vaginal fluids, breast milk of the infected person which can be passed to others by a direct contact like blood transfusion, oral sex, anal sex, vaginal sex or injecting contaminated needles. It can be passed to the baby by the pregnant women during delivery or through breast feeding.
It was originated in the 19th and 20th century in the region of west-central Africa. Actually there is no any cure for it but the course of disease can be lessens down by some treatment.
Signs and Symptoms of HIV/AIDS
A person with HIV/AIDS has the following signs and symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Sweats during night
- Enlarged glands
- Weight loss
- Joint pain
- Muscle ache
- Red rashes
asi, in many cases of this disease the initial symptoms are disappeared for many years during which HIV virus cause damages to the immune system which is incurable. The infected person never feels any symptoms during this period and appears healthy.
asi, in the late stage of HIV infection (when virus weakens the immune system to fight against it) the person develops illness with AIDS. Person with the late stage infection started showing following signs and symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Permanent tiredness
- Fever (above 100f)
- Night sweats
- Diarrhea (persistent and chronic)
- Dry cough
- White spots on the tongue and mouth
- Swollen glands
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Esophagitis (inflammation of lower esophagus linings)
- Kaposi sarcoma, cancer of the cervix, lungs, rectum, liver, head, neck and the cancer of immune system (lymphomas).
- Meningitis, encephalitis and peripheral neuropathy
- Toxoplasmosis (infection of brain)
There are some myths which are spread in the society about the AID. Aids never spread through the hand shake, hug, sneeze, unbroken skin touch or the use of same toilet.