World AIDS Day – december 1, 2017 : Historie, Tema, slogans, Citater, Beskeder, Sådan fejre, Tale
World AIDS Day fejres hvert år over hele verden på 1st af december for at øge den offentlige bevidsthed om AIDS (Erhvervet Immuno Deficiency Syndrome). AIDS er en pandemi sygdom forårsaget på grund af infektion af human immundefekt virus (HIV). Dagen fejres af de statslige organisationer, nGO'er, civilsamfundet og andre sundhed embedsmænd ved at organisere den taler eller fora diskussion relateret til AIDS.
Præsidenten for USA erklærede en officiel meddelelse til World AIDS Day i år 1995 som blev startet efter andre lande over hele verden. Ifølge den groft skøn, rundt om 25 million mennesker døde af 1981 til 2007 på grund af HIV-infektion. Selv efter adgang antiretroviral behandling på mange steder, rundt om 2 million mennesker (i det mindste 270,000 af det samlede var børn) i 2007 blev inficeret med denne epidemi sygdom.
World AIDS Day fest er blevet den mest anerkendte sundhedsmæssige dage festlighederne internationalt. World AIDS Day fest giver nøglen mulighed for at de sundhedsmæssige organisationer til at øge bevidstheden blandt folk, mest mulig adgang til behandling samt diskutere de forebyggende foranstaltninger.
World AIDS Day 2017
Verdens Aids Day 2017 ville blive fejret på fredag, på 1st december.
World AIDS Day HISTORIE
World AIDS Day blev først visualiseret af Thomas Netter og James W. Bunn i august måned i 1987. Thomas Netter og James W. Bunn begge er de offentlige informationsmedarbejdere for AIDS globale program på WHO (Verdens Sundhedsorganisation) i Geneve, Schweiz. De havde delt deres idé om AIDS dag til Dr.. Jonathan Mann (Direktør for AIDS Global Programme), der havde godkendt ideen og anbefalede World AIDS Day overholdelse på 1st december i år 1988.
World AIDS Day fest blev besluttet af dem til at blive fejret hvert år på 1st december præcist. De mente, at det skal besluttes langt fra valget tid, juleferien eller andre helligdage. Det skal fejres i løbet af tid, hvor mennesker og nyhedsmedier kunne betale mere interesse og opmærksomhed i udsendelse nyhederne over hele verden.
Det fælles FN-program om hiv / aids, også kendt som UNAIDS, trådte i kraft i år 1996 og begyndte at fremme på verdensplan. I stedet for at blive fejret for kun én dag, Verdens aids-kampagne blev lanceret af UNAIDS i år 1997 at fokusere på de aids-programmer, bedre kommunikation, sygdomsforebyggelse og bevidsthed sygdom læring for hele året.
I de startende år, World Aids Day temaer blev kun fokuseret på børnene og de unge, som senere blev anerkendt som en familie sygdom som enhver person af enhver aldersgruppe kan være inficeret med HIV. Siden 2007, World Aids Day blev startet symboliserer med en ikonisk visning af AIDS Ribbon af Det Hvide Hus.
World AIDS Day TEMA
UNAIDS begyndte at arrangere det World AIDS Day kampagne for at blive fejret med de særlige årlige temaer for bedre global bevidsthed om sygdommen. Følgende er en liste over alle de år kloge temaer i World Aids Day:
- Temaet for årets 1988 til World Aids Day kampagne var, "Meddelelse".
- Temaet for årets 1989 til World Aids Day kampagne var, "Ungdom".
- Temaet for årets 1990 til World Aids Day kampagne var, ”Kvinder og AIDS”.
- Temaet for årets 1991 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Sharing the Challenge”.
- Temaet for årets 1992 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Community Commitment”.
- Temaet for årets 1993 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Act”.
- Temaet for årets 1994 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “AIDS and the Family”.
- Temaet for årets 1995 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Shared Rights, Shared Responsibilities”.
- Temaet for årets 1996 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “One World and One Hope”.
- Temaet for årets 1997 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Children Living in a World with AIDS”.
- Temaet for årets 1998 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Force for Change: World AIDS Campaign with Young People”.
- Temaet for årets 1999 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Listen, Learn, Live: World AIDS Campaign with Children and Young People”.
- Temaet for årets 2000 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “AIDS: Men Make a Difference”.
- Temaet for årets 2001 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “I care. Do you”?
- Temaet for årets 2002 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Stigma and Discrimination”.
- Temaet for årets 2003 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Stigma and Discrimination”.
- Temaet for årets 2004 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Women, Girls, HIV and AIDS”.
- Temaet for årets 2005 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise”.
- Temaet for årets 2006 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise-Accountability”.
- Temaet for årets 2007 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise- Leadership”.
- Temaet for årets 2008 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Stop AIDS: Keep the Promise-Lead-Empower-Deliver”.
- Temaet for årets 2009 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Universal Access and Human Rights”.
- Temaet for årets 2010 til World Aids Day kampagne var, “Universal Access and Human Rights”.
- The theme from the year 2011 til 2015 for World Aids Day campaign was, “Getting to zero: zero new HIV infections. Zero discrimination. Zero AIDS related deaths”
WORLD AIDS DAY ACTIVITIES
Variety of activities can be done on the day of World Aids day celebration to increase the awareness and distribute the message of the theme of particular year. It is very necessary to increase the awareness among people as they are the main target of the program. Some of the activities are written below:
- Community based individuals and organizations should be contacted to plan the World AIDS Day activities, to organize a planned meeting. It can be well started from the local clinics, hospitals, social service agencies, schools, AIDS advocacy groups and etc.
- A single event or sequence of independent events can be determined for better awareness by the speakers and exhibitors through the forums, rallies, health fairs, community events, faith services, parades, block parties and etc.
- A public statement can be submitted to the agency board identifying the recognition for the World AIDS Day.
- Red ribbons should be wore or distributed to others to mark the hope to the schools, work sites or community groups. Electronic ribbons can also be distributed to the social media outlets.
- All the activities (like DVD showings and Aids prevention seminars) of businesses, schools, health care organizations, clergy and local agencies should be encouraged for their great work.
- A candlelight vigil can be held at the public park or the nearest agency where singers, musicians, dancers, poets, story tellers and etc could distribute the message of Aids prevention through entertaining performances.
- World AIDS Day information can be distributed by linking it to the web site of your agency.
- All the planned events and activities should be already distributed through the e-mail, newsletters, mailings or electronic bulletins.
- People can be aware by displaying the exhibitions, posters, videos, flyers, brochures for HIV/AIDS and etc.
- World AIDS Day activities can be informed to a large group of people instantly through the blogs, Facebook, Twitter or through the other social media websites.
- Actively contribute to the other groups of celebrating the World AIDS Day.
- A candlelight celebration can be held in the memory of died person due to HIV/AIDS.
- Religious leaders are encouraged to speak something for AIDS intolerance and dishonor.
- A service can be started to provide the meals, shelter, transportation, companionship for the people with HIV/AIDS. They can also be invited in the social work, worship or other functions to increase their morality.
OBJECTIVES OF WORLD AIDS DAY 2017
The purpose of the World Aids Day celebration every year to well support the Member States in order to build up the new and effective policies and programmes, to strengthen the health systems as well as to increase the capacity of health sectors towards HIV/AIDS. Some of the main objectives of the World Aids Day are listed below:
- To guide the member states for globally increasing the prevention and control measures for HIV/AIDS.
- To offer the member states a technical support for implementing the plan for prevention, care as well as treatment for HIV/AIDS including the testing, counseling of mother for transmitting the infection to the child, STI control and antiretroviral therapy.
- To aware people about the antiretroviral medicines or other commodities which can help them to fight against HIV/AIDS.
- To involve the peer groups in the campaign for getting the most effective result.
- To encourage more students from the schools, universities and social structures to contribute in the competitions organized for the AIDS.
- To decrease and control the number of patients infected by HIV/AIDS as well as to encourage the peer groups for condom.
WORLD AIDS DAY SLOGANS, QUOTES AND MESSAGES (World AIDS DAY 2017)
- “HIV/AIDS has no boundaries”.
- “My play Safe Sex was picked apart because critics thought it was untrue. It was a play in which no one had AIDS, but the characters talked about how it was going to change their lives”.
- “Small aids to individuals, large aid to masses”.
- “AIDS is an absolutely tragic disease. The argument about AIDS’ being some kind of divine retribution is crap”.
- “Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS”.
- “I know one man who was impotent who gave AIDS to his wife and the only thing they did was kiss”.
- “If you judge people you have no time to love them”.
- “Let us give publicity to H.I.V./AIDS and not hide it, because the only way to make it appear like a normal illness like TB, like cancer, is always to come out and say somebody has died because of H.I.V./AIDS, and people will stop regarding it as something extraordinary”.
- “The AIDS is a disease that is hard to talk about”.
- “I burned out on AIDS and did no AIDS work for a couple of years. I was so angry that people were still getting this disease that nobody can give you – you have to go out and get it”!
- “My son has died of AIDS”.
- “Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me”.
- “You can’t get AIDS from a hug or a handshake or a meal with a friend”.
- “This AIDS stuff is pretty scary. I hope I don’t get it”.
AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) caused by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) which attack the immune system of the human body. The disease was first recognized in the year 1981. It was first identified by the name of AIDS on 27th of July in the year 1982.
HIV infection can be easily transmitted from one person to the other if they have contacted ever directly through the mucous membrane, bodily fluid or blood. In the earlier period, there was a lot of social stigma for the people with HIV/AIDS. According to the estimate, it has been noted that around 33 million people have been infected with the HIV and 2 million people died because of it each year.
HIV is a virus which attacks the T-cells of the immune system and causes the disease known as AIDS. It is found in the human body fluids like blood, semen, vaginal fluids, breast milk of the infected person which can be passed to others by a direct contact like blood transfusion, oral sex, anal sex, vaginal sex or injecting contaminated needles. It can be passed to the baby by the pregnant women during delivery or through breast feeding.
It was originated in the 19th and 20th century in the region of west-central Africa. Actually there is no any cure for it but the course of disease can be lessens down by some treatment.
Signs and Symptoms of HIV/AIDS
A person with HIV/AIDS has the following signs and symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Sweats during night
- Enlarged glands
- Weight loss
- Joint pain
- Muscle ache
- Red rashes
Men, in many cases of this disease the initial symptoms are disappeared for many years during which HIV virus cause damages to the immune system which is incurable. The infected person never feels any symptoms during this period and appears healthy.
Men, in the late stage of HIV infection (when virus weakens the immune system to fight against it) the person develops illness with AIDS. Person with the late stage infection started showing following signs and symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Permanent tiredness
- Fever (above 100f)
- Night sweats
- Diarrhea (persistent and chronic)
- Dry cough
- White spots on the tongue and mouth
- Swollen glands
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Esophagitis (inflammation of lower esophagus linings)
- Kaposi sarcoma, cancer of the cervix, lungs, rectum, liver, head, neck and the cancer of immune system (lymphomas).
- Meningitis, encephalitis and peripheral neuropathy
- Toxoplasmosis (infection of brain)
There are some myths which are spread in the society about the AID. Aids never spread through the hand shake, hug, sneeze, unbroken skin touch or the use of same toilet.